I read a post today on one of my favorite blogs http://sexandthesingledad.com/, he waxed poetically about how you can have your man card revoked, and that you should never allow anyone to hold your balls for you. This got me to thinking about something I heard on the radio recently.
The DJ was talking about the Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert wedding (they are both country music stars), and was talking about how he had a college educated female friend who was so depressed about Shelton getting married, that it was all she could do to get out of bed. Apparently she thought they were soul mates and destined to be together. He wanted to know if anyone else had friends like this; people who fantasized about meeting and falling in love with a star, to the point where it seriously impacted your life.
If I had not been on my way into work, I probably would have called in and told him yes I had friends who were like that...WHEN I WAS 12...OMG what sane adult really thinks that in the life that out of 310 million people in the USA you really have a chance to meet and fall in love with a music star.
People like this should have their adult cards revoked....so ALA JR's list of how to get your man card revoked, this is how you can get your adult card revoked...
1. Being so in love with any type of star (actor, music, sports, any kind) to the point where you are wasting your life away following them on twitter, or facebook, and telling everyone that you are going to marry them someday....CARD REVOKED
2. Individuals who baby talk, exception only if talking to a baby, but must be for less than 30 seconds. Anyone who baby talks their partner, should be dragged behind a car naked over a gravel road...Just my opinion :-D
3. People who make plans with friends, co-workers, dates, etc. and bail at the last possible second because, something better came up...CARD REVOKED
4. Photo-maniacs, other wise known as people who bombard you with pictures, of themselves, vacations, children, either in person or electronically. Exception - pictures of a special occasions that you see once and they are never brought up again
5. People who bombard you with what they consider are cute emails that state you must send them to any number of other people including back to the sender. Not only should they get their adult card revoked, they should not be allow to have access to any electronic equipment for at least 6 months.
6. Anyone over the age of 16 who refers to themselves as a GLEEKSTER, or any other such nickname...
These are just off the top of my head, feel free to add any others you can think of....