Saturday, April 2, 2011

Can you be too passionate about something

I was talking to my boss yesterday and he told me that I was doing a great job and everyone really liked me (can you hear the but coming???) BUT that he felt I was too passionate about my job. WHAT!!!!!  I have a job that I like going to, which believe me I know is rare. I honestly care about doing my job well, when did that become a bad thing. Now I appreciate constructive criticism but how is that constructive? How can you change that? I am not even really sure what that means. I can only assume, because the boss did not give me specifics, that finishing my work quickly and asking if there is anything else that needs to be done; or offering to help others is the issue. So I am going to slow down and get my work done but not necessarily as quickly and I will wait to be asked for help.

Maybe that will take care of the issue if not then who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment