Monday, August 13, 2012

OMG...This did not happen

Ok, I may or may not have told you that I work in IT for a living...

Well we have a lot of power issues in our building, apparently they never heard of setting up a stable power source for over 5 million in computer equipment.

So this past weekend we were supposed to have some really nasty storms, so I unplugged all the work stations in my area so I would not have to spend the week replacing power supplies.

So after unplugging everything on Friday, I put up a large note, just inside in door...YOU CAN'T MISS IT.   It read "REMINDER, DON'T FORGET TO PLUG YOUR COMPUTERS BACK IN"

Well apparently that was not good enough... I had 5 users come into my office today

1 - to complain he had no power at his workstation

3 - to complain that even after they plugged the computers back in, they were not working
   
        It never occurred to me that I would have to tell them to turn them back on...


and last 2 to tell me that they plugged their computers back in and turned them on but they still were not working...They neglected to turn the monitors back on...

OMFG, are you kidding me...and I wonder why I get migraine headaches....

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap!!! Talk about work driving one to drink!

    Reminds me of one of my favorite Demotivator sayings: none of us is as stupid as all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, that's so ridiculous. I would have probably lost it and punched someone in the face. Probably the poor soul who came last...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha! Well, I guess at least that's job security. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a common thing.

    I'm A SySAdmin for an ISP. Our Support department has had people phone up to say their PC stopped working, and 10 minutes into the fault finding they admit the power went off at the same time, could that have affected the PC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you watch "The IT Crowd" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487831/)? I think you'd appreciate the way Chris O'Dowd's character answers the phone. :)

    ReplyDelete