Wednesday, July 11, 2012

People hide for a reason

People hide for a reason...They are either doing something wrong, attempting to do something wrong, or are so wrapped up in government bureaucracy that they are forced to hide to keep the public from hunting them down and beating them senseless.

I know understand the last part of these very well. I am a newly rated disabled veteran, and due to some confusing paperwork I recieved today I had to call their help line.

After hitting the required 1000 buttons to get through the automated system, and actually talk to a person. I then answer several hundred more questions to prove that I am who I say I am...I mean really I don't see my life as being so fab that someone who pretend to be me....but ok fine...

We know both know exactly who I am...So I ask my question and wait the required time on hold while they pull up my info in the computer system.

I am asked the date of the letter, and then I am told that they sent me a letter at the end of May that answers the question. The only problem with that is I did not get a letter at the end of May. So I say

Can just tell me the information???

             No that is against policy...

Can you email the information to me???

             No that is against policy...

Can you send me a copy of the letter???

              No that is against policy...

So wait a minute...you can not answer my question, because it was already answered in a letter I never received...and now you can't give me the letter....

That was when my head exploded....

I was told to get a copy of the letter that I never received, I would have to take time off work and drive an hour away. Oh yes and you can not make an appointment, you have to go sit and wait.

That was when I reached for the Jack Daniels...I figure that if I were drunk maybe it would then make sense...

Soooo then I asked for a supervisor...Who told me it was against policy to answer my questions, as they had already sent me a letter to address a question I did not know I had, until after I got the second letter....

Does your head hurt now too....GOOD why should I suffer alone...LOL

I did at least get the supervisor to mail me a copy of the letter, so at least I don't have to lose time at work. Of course by this time, I am too drunk to care about the answer of my question in the first place...




            

No comments:

Post a Comment